He was basically saying "Can I come in" but I kinda fobbed him off with an excuse like "My mum doesn't really like visitors at this hour" which is actually about 3 quarters true. And I'm tired. Lol.
We had the italian, got gelato, walked by the river, checked out some river artworks and made fun of everyone and everything.. It was fun in that aspect..
BUT..
He is a REALLY good friend of mine. I don't want to ruin anything. I don't want to lead him on, and give him false hope if that is even how he feels, I'm not really that attracted.. Urk. Am I being too picky? I know a girl shouldn't settle for 2nd best, but really, when's enough really enough?
He is very arrogant at times, and it does annoy me..! I don't want to be in constant competition with the guy. But he is very funny.. And laughs at my lame ass jokes.
I guess though, If the feeling's not there, it's just not there.
One day I hope I will not have this issue..!





I remember my boss once saying to one of the girls I work with:
ReplyDelete"It's your right to have incredibly high standards and shoot for the perfect guy, but can I just also add some of us are happy that others lowered their standards and settled for second best."
Depending on how long you've known him, you should maybe have a good idea on whether or not you really want to date him.
ReplyDeleteThough, you might just never have thought about it like that. In that case, I wouldn't push any dates onto him, and try to space out the ones you have if he asks you. I think leading him on would be making it easy for him to go out on dates with you.
If my ex hadn't given me a chance (and I her), we wouldn't have started dating. And I think I can (even though it hurts right now) honestly say I'm very happy about the times we had together. You never know what can happen (ha, on the other hand, I'm not so happy about my ex before that ;p).
Look at me giving advice like I really have some clue about relationships. Ain't that a hoot?
I understand why you don't want to ruin anything. He's a really good friend and you don't want to compromise that. I would be the same way. But you're right, if the feelings not there it's just not there. Trust me one day you won't have this issue! =) Keep your head up!
ReplyDeleteyeah gurl, u should be careful don't ruin anything .. sometimes friends are better than lovers + as u said if feelings aren't there .. they're not there .. and what's the whole point from dating if it wasn't for feelings ? everything will loses its taste ..
ReplyDeletebe cool,
When you know - you know. I met my husband and knew within minutes that I was 98% sure he was the person I was meant to marry. Hang in there for the 'butterflies in your stomach, can't eat, can't breathe, can't live without you' feeling.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't everyone think it's weird that the guys who commented believe in second best but the girls who've commented don't believe in second bests..!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your comments lovelies.. XXXX
spoken like a true Leo u are....why should the high n mighty settle for 2nd best?
ReplyDelete~from a Leoness to a Leoness~