Sunday, April 05, 2009

I met up with the ex.

*Gasp*

And it was strange.


After we had filled each other in wth stories of the past two years and a bit that had gone by, there was an awkward silence. I decided to bring it out in the open.. 

"Why are we here?"


"To be friends, you know?"

"Just friends?"

"Yeah, haha yeah friends."

"Just friends. Nothing else?"

"Yeah, just friends."

"Oh."


I can't say that I'm feeling disappointed, because I don't think I am. I'm all about the clarity these days. I want to know the intentions! No more time wasting, emotion wasting!

So ok, that's out of the way. But then it was kinda weird after clarifying. I think we were scrambling to find things to recover with. Like he:

"I just think, you know,  if we got back together now, like I've just got out of a relationship, and you're kinda in a vulnerable area of life right now, it just wouldn't be right, you know?"

And then, when it was time to say goodbye, another awkward moment..

"Haha, what do I do, hug you or something?"

Long hug, bit of back rubbing. Looking at me a little more than just looking at me, looking in my eyes, a kind of contenting look, almost hypnotic. I still don't understand. We agreed to do it again, I joked about doing it in another 2 years, he assured me it wouldn't be that long again, that I should let him know.


Righto.



2 comments:

  1. I like that attitude. Cut right through the bullshit to know for sure what the hell is going on.

    You had a nicer word for it though.. "Clarity"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to bring it out in the open. Like how you're direct with him about why you guys were there.

    ReplyDelete

Well, what have you got to say??